Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
Pike & Lustig, LLP. We see solutions where others see problems.

I think someone infringed upon or used my copyrighted material. What should I do now?

Return to FAQ Videos


The first step that you should take if you believe someone is infringing on your work is to ensure that you send a cease and desist letter to stop any further infringement of your copyright. The next step is to make sure that your copyright is registered with the United States copyright office. If your copyright is not registered then you will not be able to file a lawsuit until it’s registered. If your copyright is not registered, you will not be entitled to statutory damages pursue unto chapter seventeen.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
Skip footer and go back to main navigation