Michael J. Pike, Managing Partner
Attorney Mike Pike “Pike” is an AV Preeminent® Rated attorney and the Managing Partner of Pike & Lustig, LLP. Before opening his own law firm, Pike spent several years practicing law as an associate and partner at some of Florida’s most prestigious firms. He has been practicing law for over 15 years. Pike has secured numerous verdicts and settlements on behalf of clients within the areas of personal injury, auto accidents, highway accidents, wrongful death, insurance litigation, business litigation, sexual battery & assault and RICO. Pike is a State and Federal Court practitioner, having handled several cases in the United States District Courts involving complex business disputes.
Pike is a former clerk of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission and with the State Attorney’s Office. He is admitted to practice in Florida and U.S. District Courts – Northern, Southern and Middle Districts of Florida. Pike received his bachelor’s degree from the University of Florida College of Journalism and Communications, and J.D. with honors from the University of Florida, Levin College of Law. In addition to serving as president of the Law School’s prestigious trial team, he co-authored an article titled, “Cyber Gossip or Securities Fraud: Some First Amendment Guidance in Drawing the Line,” which had the distinct privilege of being published in www.wallstreetlawyer.com.
He is a member of the Palm Beach County Bar Association, the Florida Justice Association and is a past president of the Palm Beach County Justice Association. Pike has received numerous accolades and awards including “Top Up and Comer” by the South Florida Legal Guide, “Up & Comers” by South Florida Business Journal; “Legal Elite” by Florida Trend magazine; a “Rising Star” and “Super Lawyer” by Super Lawyers magazine; and a “Person On The Move” numerous times by both the South Florida Sun-Sentinel and Palm Beach Post. Pike is also very active within the community and involved with numerous organizations, including service as a Board member of SOS Children’s Village. He is also an avid fisherman and a member of Florida’s CrossFit and Jiu Jitsu communities.
- Personal Injury (auto accidents, highway accidents, trucking accidents, slips and falls)
- Wrongful Death
- Business Litigation
- Insurance Litigation (Insurance Bad Faith)
- Sexual Assault & Battery – Civil Plaintiff & Defense
- Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) – State and Federal
- The Florida Bar, 2002
- Current member of the Florida Bar’s Unlicensed Practice of Law Committee, 15th Judicial Circuit
- Past member Codes & Rules of Evidence Committee and Past Chair of the Grievance Committee, 15th Judicial Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States Court for the Northern District of Florida
- United States Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Education: University of Florida, J.D. with honors; University of Florida, B.A.
Awards and Honors
- South Florida Legal Guide – Top Up & Comer Attorney
- Super Lawyers magazine – “Rising Star” (2009-2013) and “Super Lawyer” (2013)
- Florida Trend magazine – Florida Legal Elite
- South Florida Business Journal – “Up & Comers”
- Super Lawyers – 2013-2017
- 2014 Esteemed Lawyers of America
- Co-Author: “Cyber Gossip or Securities Fraud: Some First Amendment Guidance in Drawing the Line”: www.wallstreetlawyer.com
- “The Trouble with Offers of Judgment-Proposals for Settlement,” 2009 article, Palm Beach County Justice Association Briefings.
- “Forum Selection Clauses,” 2010 article, Palm Beach County Justice Association 2010 Briefings
- “Interpreting Biomechanical Engineers & Their Reports – Or Trying to,” 2011 article, Palm Beach County Justice Association Briefings.
Professional Associations and Leadership Activities
- Current Board of Director of the Hanley Foundation
- Florida Justice Association – Member
- Florida Justice Association – Board of Directors, Local Trial Lawyer Association Representative
- Palm Beach County Bar Association – Member
- Palm Beach County Justice Association – Executive Board Member, Treasurer and President
- Palm Beach County Justice Association – Chair Annual Fishing Tournament
- The Florida Bar – Former Member Codes & Rules of Evidence Committee and Past Chair of the Grievance Committee
- Burman Critton Luttier & Coleman
- Ruden McClosky
- Broad & Cassel
About Pike & Lustig, LLP
Pike & Lustig, LLP provides legal services in the field of personal injury law, auto accident law, truck accident law, products liability law, business and insurance litigation and wrongful death law. Pike & Lustig, LLP is located at 2465 Mercer Avenue, Suite 204, West Palm Beach, FL 33401. Its office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.–6 p.m. To contact the office, call 561-855-7585, (855) TRN-PIKE or email email@example.com.