Michael J. Pike, Managing Partner
Attorney Mike Pike is an AV Preeminent® Rated attorney and the Managing Partner of Pike & Lustig, LLP. He is a top-trial attorney and expert story-teller. He is well known among his colleagues for being an aggressive-trial attorney with the ability to relate to a jury and cogently explain the facts of the case he is trying and how the law applies to those facts. Pike makes it a point to try several cases a year. How else can you call yourself a trial lawyer if you are not in the courtroom several times a year? Pike is also an avid Jiu-Jitsu practitioner. He competes in the courtroom and on the jiu-jitsu mats. Pike has the competitive edge and academic wherewithal to handle your business or injury case. Pike and Lustig, LLP provides the legal services of a large firm at a fraction of the cost when compared to the hourly rates charged by attorneys at large-institutional law firms.
Before opening his own law firm, Pike spent several years practicing law as an associate and partner at some of Florida’s most prestigious firms, where he also tried and settled several cases. He has been practicing law for over 15 years, and has secured numerous verdicts and settlements on behalf of clients within the areas of business litigation, shareholder disputes, derivative actions, contract disputes, property disputes, real-estate disputes, physician-practice disputes, personal injury, auto accidents, highway accidents, wrongful death, insurance litigation, complex-commercial litigation, sexual battery & assault and RICO. Pike also represents several physicians and physician practices in various areas including, but not limited to, family medicine, physician-partner disputes, orthopedic-spine specialists, internal medicine, physician-practice management, HIPAA, and physician-operating agreements. Pike also assists his clients with non-compete and non-solicitation agreements, trademark disputes, and copyright disputes. In fact, you can view some of the firm’s recent results in the “recent results” tab on this website. Pike also dedicates a portion of his practice to representing law firms, including some of the largest personal-injury law firms in Florida.
Pike is a State and Federal Court practitioner, having handled several cases in the United States District Courts involving complex business disputes. He has represented clients in several high-profile cases that have been covered in both local and national news.
Pike is a former clerk of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission and with the State Attorney’s Office. He is admitted to practice in Florida and U.S. District Courts – Northern, Southern and Middle Districts of Florida, and the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals. Pike has also drafted numerous appeals and has argued at the Appellate level.
Pike received his bachelor’s degree from the University of Florida College of Journalism and Communications, and J.D. with honors from the University of Florida, Levin College of Law. In addition to serving as president of the Law School’s prestigious trial team, he co-authored an article titled, “Cyber Gossip or Securities Fraud: Some First Amendment Guidance in Drawing the Line,” which had the distinct privilege of being published in www.wallstreetlawyer.com.
He is a member of the Palm Beach County Bar Association, the Florida Justice Association and is a past president of the Palm Beach County Justice Association. Pike has received numerous accolades and awards including “Top Up and Comer” by the South Florida Legal Guide, “Up & Comers” by South Florida Business Journal; “Legal Elite” by Florida Trend magazine; a “Rising Star” and “Super Lawyer” by Super Lawyers magazine; and a “Person On The Move” numerous times by both the South Florida Sun-Sentinel and Palm Beach Post. Pike is also very active within the community and involved with numerous organizations, including past service as a Board member of SOS Children’s Village. He is also an avid fisherman and a member of Florida’s CrossFit and Jiu Jitsu communities.
- Business Litigation
- Derivative Actions
- Shareholder Disputes
- Partner Disputes
- Operating Agreements
- Partnership Agreements
- Non-Compete Agreements
- Contract Disputes
- Real Estate Disputes
- Physician-Partner Disputes and Physician-Practice Management
- Partner Disputes Among Attorneys
- Trademark and Copyright Disputes
- Homestead Exemption
- Appeals In Both State and Federal Court’s
- Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) – State and Federal
- Federal Overtime Cases
- Employment Cases
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- Personal Injury
- Auto Accidents
- Highway Accidents
- Trucking Accidents
- Serious Slips or Trip and Falls
- Wrongful Death
- Insurance Litigation (Insurance Bad Faith)
- Sexual Assault & Battery – Civil Plaintiff & Defense
- The Florida Bar, 2002
- Current member of the Florida Bar’s Unlicensed Practice of Law Committee, 15th Judicial Circuit
- Past member Codes & Rules of Evidence Committee and Past Chair of the Grievance Committee, 15th Judicial Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States Court for the Northern District of Florida
- United States Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States Court for the Southern District of Florida
- University of Florida, J.D. with honors; University of Florida, B.A.
Awards and Honors
- South Florida Legal Guide – Top Up & Comer Attorney
- Super Lawyers magazine – “Rising Star” (2009-2013) and “Super Lawyer” (2013-2018)
- Florida Trend magazine – Florida Legal Elite
- South Florida Business Journal – “Up & Comers”
- Super Lawyers – 2013-2017
- 2014 Esteemed Lawyers of America
- Co-Author: “Cyber Gossip or Securities Fraud: Some First Amendment Guidance in Drawing the Line”: www.wallstreetlawyer.com
- “The Trouble with Offers of Judgment-Proposals for Settlement,” 2009 article, Palm Beach County Justice Association Briefings.
- “Forum Selection Clauses,” 2010 article, Palm Beach County Justice Association 2010 Briefings
- “Interpreting Biomechanical Engineers & Their Reports – Or Trying to,” 2011 article, Palm Beach County Justice Association Briefings.
Professional Associations and Leadership Activities
- Current Board of Director of the Hanley Foundation
- Florida Justice Association – Member
- Florida Justice Association – Former Board of Directors, Local Trial Lawyer Association Representative
- Palm Beach County Bar Association – Member
- Palm Beach County Justice Association – Past Executive Board Member, Treasurer and President
- Palm Beach County Justice Association – Past Chair Annual Fishing Tournament
- Burman Critton Luttier & Coleman
- Ruden McClosky
- Broad & Cassel
About Pike & Lustig, LLP
Pike & Lustig, LLP provides legal services in the field of personal injury law, auto accident law, truck accident law, products liability law, business and insurance litigation and wrongful death law. Pike & Lustig, LLP is located at 1209 N Olive Ave, West Palm Beach, FL 33401. Its office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.–6 p.m. To contact the office, call 561-291-8298, (855) TRN-PIKE or email firstname.lastname@example.org.