Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
Pike & Lustig, LLP. We see solutions where others see problems.

Can I appeal from a mediation or arbitration?

Return to FAQ Videos


Under the Federal Arbitration Act which governs most arbitrations, you can petition the court to vacate or modify the arbitration reward. However, the grounds are typically very narrow. You have to show that the arbitrator was partial to one side. You have to show that the arbitrator was corrupt or that the arbitrator exceeded his or her authority. Mediations are usually not a proceeding which are part of an appeal as they are typically ended either in agreement by the parties or just ended without reaching an agreement.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
Skip footer and go back to main navigation