Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
Pike & Lustig, LLP. We see solutions where others see problems.

Must I register a copyright with the government to receive protection?

Return to FAQ Videos


Copyright law does not required that you register the copyright to receive protection. However, in order for you to file a lawsuit and obtain what’ called “statutory damages”, your copyright needs to be registered. The infringement of that copyright must occur after that copyright was registered. Therefor,e I always recommend that clients register their works with the Copyright Office.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
Skip footer and go back to main navigation