Why is Commercial Litigation so Common?
As experienced commercial litigation attorneys, we cover a variety of business disputes and issues, ranging from RICO claims to landlord and tenant disputes. Commercial litigation can seem like a broad term, but in general it refers to the legal process of resolving disputes and conflicts between businesses or companies through litigation in a court of law. It involves legal actions and proceedings related to business matters, such as contract disputes, breach of contract claims, partnership disputes, intellectual property disputes, employment disputes, shareholder disputes, and other conflicts arising in the business context. Why are these kinds of issues so common? Here is a quick explanation for each:
- Contract Disputes – Contracts are open for dispute at times, and an attorney may be necessary to resolve the issue at hand.
- Partner Disputes – Partner disputes are common in many of today’s businesses, and an attorney will help the multiple parties move past the issue and continue the business in a positive manner.
- Shareholder Disputes – Whether the dispute arises on behalf of a majority shareholder’s actions or desires, or from a minority shareholder, such disagreements can be crippling to small and large businesses, and must be resolved quickly and efficiently.
- Construction Litigation – One-sided contracts, time to completion, the design, project delivery systems, site conditions, financial disputes, and site services are all major points of contention for construction projects, according to the American Bar Association.
- Breach of Contract – Binding contracts can rarely be broken without penalties.
- Landlord Tenant Disputes – Landlords and tenants both have rights. Common areas of contention include timely rent payments, discrimination, lease disagreements or violations, and much more.
- Fraud and Financial Misconduct – Fraud is a growing problem, particularly as financial pressures increase during times of recession or poor business. And, fraud is expected to increase in the coming years, according to the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners.
Commercial litigation can be complex and may involve substantial financial stakes, as well as potential damage to a company’s reputation or business operations. It is important to seek the services of experienced commercial litigation attorneys who specialize in handling these types of disputes. At Pike & Lustig, our successful commercial litigation attorneys can provide legal advice, represent you in court, and assist in navigating the various stages of litigation, including settlement negotiations, alternative dispute resolution methods, and trial preparation. Contact us today at 561-291-8298.